Monday, January 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

          Yep. That's next month. And stores are already filled with candy, hearts, roses, teddy bears, and all that Valentine's Day stuff. I know a lot of people find February 14th very depressing when they're alone. I'll admit, I tend to feel kind of sad on that day too. I try not to, but I can't really help it. Especially when I see happy couples everywhere. I went to Hallmark yesterday with my friend, and we saw this fake blooming rose in the Valentine's Day section. I have to admit, if a guy ever gave that to me, I'd melt into a puddle of happiness. Hell. I'd melt if I got a simple rose or even a letter. It's upsetting to know that I probably won't be getting anything at all, or that I won't even have anyone. Who doesn't find that at least a bit sad? We all want to feel that we're someones reason to smile or sing when no one's watching. 



          You know what, though? I don't want to feel sorry for myself. Someday, someone special will come along. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but someday. For now, I want to be happy with what I have. So this Valentine's Day, my friends and I are going to have a Forever Alone party. There will be Taco Bell. Screw chocolate. And we're going to freaking live it up and have a great time. We're just that freaking awesome. 

         So for those of you who are still reading; when Valentine's Day arrives, just be happy. You don't need to be dating someone to have a good day. You seriously don't. Instead of saying, "I love you," to a boyfriend or girlfriend, say it to your friends. And for those of you who are in a relationship, go ahead and do something special. If any guys are reading, I recommend finding a cheesy love song that explains how you feel about your girlfriend and telling her that it reminds you of her. 'Cause I know if a guy did that for me, it would mean so much more than chocolate. And I'm sure a lot of other girls feel the same way. 

          So that's all I think I wanted to ramble about today. To end, I will leave you with a song that always makes me happy enough to just freaking fly. 



2 comments:

  1. Yo bro, I freakin love you. I love seeing that you have emotions :P But anyway the forever alone party should just be a fuck valentines day party now...cuz yeah....but I still think it's a stupid holiday either way. But no matter what we need a freakin party with taco bell, that's all I know. And yes, it will be a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete